Thursday, October 18, 2007

Looking Back

I was reading back through some of my old posts from the beginning of this journey we are on and time seemed to stand still for just a moment. I remember this day like it was yesterday.

May 12, 2007: How real is it getting for me? On Tuesday our son swears in and in 17 days my husband leaves for three months of training to be a chaplain in the Army. The day after he returns we move. I crawled into bed last night thinking that in three and a half months I'll be crawling into bed in a totally different place!"

It's really weird to look back at old posts. That was five months ago and we made it through the seperation of training! We've been here a little over a month now and to think that I was sitting in a different house when I wrote that is just strange! Our son is coming to visit for 11 days next week and by this time next month he will have been in training for five days. I can't believe the time is drawing near for him to begin his new adventure either! Today we were talking on the phone and I was choking back the tears as we talked about him telling his sister good-bye. There has been so much change in so little time for our family, but God has been faithful to take care of us all and we praise Him for that.

As I look back, I'm happy to see the changes thus far haven't been as tough as I thought it was going to be and that we've all grown from of it. Though it can be difficult, there's nothing more fulfilling in life than following God's will. I wouldn't change it for the world!

No comments: