Thursday, October 11, 2007

My Warrior

He's a Soldier.
He's a husband.
He's a dad.
He's a son.
*
Into battle he will go one day,
No gun upon his chest;
Just a bible and our prayers,
For it's the cross he represents.
*
He marches with our Soldiers,
No matter what the cost,
For the One who called him said,
"Follow me, for some are lost."
*
He's my hero!
He's my love!
He's their chaplain,
For our God.
**************
As I was just about to sit down to eat lunch with a friend today, my husband walked through the door in his ACUs (camo uniform) and painted face. He had been in the field to see his Soldiers. I felt so honored to be his wife as he quickly grabbed his lunch and headed back out. Typically, I'll just start praying when I have thoughts of him going off to war, but today was different. I wanted to write a poem about the man I love who is willing to follow the Lord, even in times of war. Although he will never carry a gun, he's still a warrior...

After a long, hard day he still let me take his picture! He said it was a really good day and he loved spending time with his Soldiers.

2 comments:

Paulette said...

This was a sweet post Laura. I loved the poem. I also loved the picture!!
I will be in prayer for Kevin and you!

Scott said...

God bless you and your family.