Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas!

The sound of the children playing with their cousins upstairs and conversations of what life is like being in the Army coming from the kitchen make it so real that we are home for a sweet visit. We're at my mother-in-laws today, after a long day in the airport (due to delays) and plane ride, and her love and hospitality make me smile. She is one of the sweetest and most loving people you will ever meet. I can't think of anyone more giving than her. She's raising three of her grand kids and the evidence that she loves us all very much is visible to all who know her.

Yesterday was the first "memorable" plane ride for the twins and they were beyond excited. They thought it was so much fun (I'm glad someone did!). Kevin and I got tickled at them several times. Our funniest moment of the day was our visit from Santa Claus at the airport. We didn't make it out of our chairs fast enough when we saw him coming and Kevin was as red as his suit. I'll just say he was quite the character and a little scary!

We finally arrived safe and sound about 10 p.m. and stayed up until 1:30 a.m. The boys said it worked out better for us since it was only 11:30 p.m. back home. We were up 5 hours later.

This afternoon we will celebrate Christmas with all his family and then head to my parents this evening. Tomorrow is still uncertain for me as our son called and has the day off and asked us to come spend the day with him at the Air Force base. My husband will be leaving bright and early in the morning to go be with him but doesn't want me to leave the twins on Christmas day so our daughter and I may drive up later in the day. I'm trying not to think about it too much, but I'm really want to go with my husband and be with our son. It's tough when there's more kids to think about...not to mention the rest of my extended family. I will get to spend time with my son for several days around his graduation at the end of the week, but the thought that I don't know how much we will get to see him after this weekend lingers in my mind. Plus, not being with my husband on Christmas day is very difficult to accept as well. I've just being praying for direction and trusting that God will give me the guidance I need and the heart to accept whatever it is I should do. Either way, just hearing my son's voice a few days ago was wonderful!!! He sounded so happy and excited about his future. I can't believe he's about to graduate from basic, and I'm so glad it's gone by quickly. I can't wait to see him!!! I couldn't ask for a better Christmas.


No comments: