Sunday, January 20, 2008

Weekend fun and feelings of sadness

This weekend we did a lot of fishing in the river. We caught some huge Salmon, weighing anywhere from 15 to 30 pounds. We've never done this sort of fishing before so Kevin and the kids are having the time of their lives trying to reel them in. They're pretty frightening looking fish and I don't have any pictures with the twins because they were so large and fought so hard that it took a lot for Kevin and Whitney to get them in. Today, while walking down the river a little farther than we did yesterday, we saw bear tracks, as well as many remains of fish to confirm our suspicions. We discussed whether or not we could handle actually seeing a bear. The twins were certain I would freak out...I think they're right! That was the fun part of the weekend.
The feelings of sadness come because it's still really difficult not to miss our son, Karl, when everyone in the family is here but him. It's hard not seeing him fishing alongside his dad like the rest of his siblings. It's hard not to miss having him around when I know he'd love the fishing and being outdoors with us. It's just hard! I know it's all a part of life...and our kids have to grow up...and I try not to feel sad, but sometimes I just do!

No comments: