Sunday, January 27, 2008

The weekend is winding down...

A little bit of rain...
A little bit of snow...
A little bit of sunshine...
Where'd the weekend go?!


This week we had sunshine every day, all day long, Monday through Friday. It was WONDERFUL! Saturday brought just a little bit of snow, but mainly rain. We slept in, cleaned house (well, I did anyways), took the kids bowling and then my husband and I went out with our new friends (the chaplain and his wife I blogged about last week). We had a great time! They are wonderful people!

It was a great time of worship today! I was happy to be in chapel today and excited about the changes they talked about and implemented. We never had a time of welcome before and I noticed that people didn't really talk to each other because no one really knew anyone. I really believe this will help. I know I feel more comfortable turning around to say hello and introducing myself that way, rather than just walking up to people before the service...and I'm not shy. For the first time, it felt more like a church family and, for that, I am most grateful.

Tomorrow the boys have the day off from school. They are so excited. If only dad could have the day off! The weekend flew by a little too fast, but I'm not complaining. I'll take what time I can get with my husband and be grateful for it.

1 comment:

MaryLu said...

Laura! I have something for you over at my blog, check it out at the post titled My First Bloggy Award.