Friday, May 9, 2008

Early Morning Run - Army Style

Talk about A LOT of Soldiers!!!! There were thousands running in formation down the streets of our post this morning, and it was pretty awesome to stand there and cheer them on. Here's only a very small portion of the men in my husband's battalion. There are many, many more that we couldn't get in the picture as they were running by. My husband is the one waving at us in this photo below. His morning started at 3:15 a.m. It's a wonder he could even smile (you have to click on the picture to enlarge it if you really want to see that cute smile). They had already been running for a while when they made it to us. It's always a very humbling experience to be among our Soldiers, especially when you know the sacrifices they make. Who wants to get up very early in the morning and work out five days a week? Not too many people I know. But, they don't have a choice! This is only one of the many sacrifices they make for us. Staying fit is so important when you could be called upon to fight at any time. To see them run past us with smiles on their faces and looks of appreciation was...well...I don't even know how to put it into words.
I feel honored to be a part it all, and to be the wife of a US Army Soldier (and Chaplain!)...You make me proud, babe! Hooah!

1 comment:

ABW said...

I LOVE watching the guys run in formation. Drives my hsuband nuts, as he absolutely HATES to run in formation. LOL