Saturday, September 27, 2008

I'm excited to say...

I got a job! Probably about a month ago my husband and I started praying about whether or not I should work outside the home. I had brought it up to my husband after I had been praying about it a while and the night I talked to him about it, as we were praying together, he vocalized his prayer asking the Lord to show us His will.

All I've been asking all along is, "Lord, would you have me work outside the home? Is it your desire for me to be a stay-at-home mom still, or should I consider working again since our kids are so much older?" I can't really explain it...it's just a feeling I had that I needed to be seeking His will about this.

On Thursday of last week I got an email which had a few jobs openings. I decided to open it and it wasn't the ones listed on the attachment that came with it that caught my eye, it was a little note I noticed on the very bottom of the email (a forward) that caught my attention. So, I prayed about it and decided to call. On Tuesday I went in for an interview, and on Thursday they called to ask if I was still interested.

I am not kidding when I say I had just prayed that if it was the Lord's will that I have this job that I would hear something that day. I had already told myself I would get the job if God wanted me to, and would not if He didn't. On that particular day though I had stopped to pray because I didn't want to be disappointed if I didn't get it. I knew it was a good opportunity for me, I knew it would be good for us with the wedding coming soon, and I knew that if I wasn't careful I would decide what was best for me and not be happy with God's answer if it was no.

The blessing of knowing what it is God desires for your life is amazing. Whether it be something I want or not, knowing and trusting His will for my life is important to me. It's in the knowing that makes things bearable when it's tough. I'm sure there will be tough days ahead. I'm losing a little of my daily "freedoms" that I enjoy. But, I also know there are blessings to be had with having this job and a reason God would have me work there.

The job is on post - three or four blocks from my house and just down the road from my husband's battalion. I'll be home before the twins get home from school. I don't work weekends, and we have all the federal holidays off as well as vacation time (and I can still get time off when my husband's off). Not to mention I'll be doing what I love to do - administrative work. I am so excited!! ...The family is excited!! Thank you, Lord!

3 comments:

LAURIE said...

Congrats! God knew what you were in need of. He is our provider in everything!!! I hope that this will not mean that you will not have time to blog! -Blessings, Laurie

Laura said...

Thanks Laurie! I think it will mean I'll have more to blog about. haha...

Anonymous said...

God is good. Congratulations. Andrea