Monday, October 20, 2008

Just a few minutes...

I find myself missing this place! It's not always easy to sit down and write what's on my heart (especially when it's so public)...and sometimes I'm not even really sure what's on my heart, much less able to express it, but this evening as I was spending time in God's word I found this scripture to be very thought provoking:

For God is greater than our hearts,
and he knows everything.
1 John 3:20b.

When we struggle to love others, or ourselves, God is greater than our own hearts. Another reminder to me that NOTHING is impossible with God. Are you struggling to love someone, or to love yourself? The answer is found in knowing God and in allowing Him to love through you! Love...the love of God...never fails.

There are five words in verse 19 that express what my heart feels when I come to a place of surrender in the area of love - "at rest in his presence". Isn't that beautiful?! We can feel at rest in his presence when we are demonstrating love for other people. I think that is so powerful!

Thank you, Lord, for the love you demonstrate...in while we were yet sinners, you died for us. We are so unworthy of your love, yet you freely and willingly give it. Help me to love others just as you have loved me and to forgive just as you have forgiven me.

1 comment:

LAURIE said...

What a great reminder of the vastness of Gods love. Hope things are going well for you and the family. Wedding? new job? Hope you feel Gods peace and strength today. -Blessings, Laurie