Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thankful Thursday...Bravery & Sacrifice

What would life be like without the brave?


What if no one was willing to sacrifice for our freedom?





This Thursday I'm extremely thankful for the brave men and women of our Armed Forces. I'm thankful for the sacrifice of many so that we can be free, and so that those who aren't yet free can live in anticipation of it. I often wonder where we would be without men and women who are brave and sacrificial. I know we would be in a heap of trouble, that's for sure!

Three men in my family serve our country - my husband, my son and my son-in-law. All three will be deploying in the very near future. All three hold a very special place in my heart, and their bravery and sacrifice sometimes overwhelms me.
This 4th of July, I pray all Americans will think beyond the parties, parades, and pretty fireworks displays; that they will stop and pray for those in harm's way and thank God for their freedom.

Thank you to our brave Soldiers, Airmen, Sailors, Marines and Coast Guard! To the many in harm's way, and your families, know that many are praying for you as you bravely fight on foreign soil. Thank you for your bravery and sacrifice!

2 comments:

Wilfredo Mora said...

i'm one of those who follow you blog since a while ago, but i would like to include you also in my facebook list. even most of my comments and friends are spanish talkers. Be Brave, and keep trusting in our God. he will give you the strongest to go thru the hard times.

Unknown said...

Your family looks wonderful, what a priceless picture. Praying for you all during this time of transition!