Saturday, June 30, 2007

Being with the love of my life...

Here we are, 20+ years of marriage, standing in front of this flag, thinking about what it means to be here...it brings such joy to my life. I see this happy man who loves what he's called to do, who makes me proud to be his wife, and I thank the Lord for all He's done and how awesome it feels to know we are doing what he desires for our lives. I thank Him for allowing me this time to be with this wonderful man...
I'm visiting my husband while he's in chaplain training in South Carolina and today we took a tour of Patriot's Point - where we toured an aircraft carrier, submarine, destroyer and Coast Guard cutter. We also rode a boat out to Fort Sumter - where theCivil War began. It was all very interesting, yet it also took on a whole new meaning when you have a spouse and son serving our country. I cried as we walked through the USS Yorktown (below) where they had a Medal of Honor Museum. It was an absolutely beautiful day, filled with sunshine, blue skies, an amazing ocean and, the best part of all, being together. We're still smiling! In the picture below we were standing on one of the ships and just held the camera out as far as we could. We're staying in a hotel on the beach, and we watched the sun go down and the moon come up tonight. The moon was bright orange, but we walked so much today that neither of us wanted to run back to get the camera so we just enjoyed watching it and holding each other close!
As I walked off the beach this evening, all I could think about was how good it felt to be with my husband again. Life is so much more wonderful with him by my side. Thank you, Lord...

1 comment:

Whitney said...

It looks like you two are having a blast. I WANT TO COME!!