Friday, June 22, 2007

Only one week away...

And I'll be in the arms of the one I love!!!

This picture was taken while he was in the field this week...sleeping in a tent (for a few hours a night anyways), eating MREs, learning the ends and outs of battle, and definitely feeling like he is in the Army now! HOOAH!!!

It doesn't seem odd to anyone who knows Kevin to see him in camouflage, being the hunter that he is, but this camouflage represents something totally different in his life. He is proudly serving God and our country and when I look at this picture I don't see a hunter; I see a man called by God to give all that he has to minister to the soldiers and share the love of Jesus with them. I love that! I wish every man had that kind of love. In fact, I often wonder what our world would be like if more men were willing to give all that they have to serve God and country; to be willing to die so that others can have the freedoms we often take for granted.

There is no greater calling!

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
John 15:13

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooah!

Proud of you and your man.