Friday, June 22, 2007

New friends...blessings from the Lord

This is a special group of people to Kevin. He's gotten to know all of them (Eddie, Daniel, Herb, Andy, and Scott) and really enjoys spending time with them. My husband is the one who has his hands together, third to your right. I have to tell you an interesting story about the guy on the end to your right - holding his backpack strap. He and Kevin have become friends and his wife and I now talk via email several times a day. I'll let her comment below tell the story...
Hello. Just found your blog yesterday, and to my surprise...I just met your husband. Let me introduce myself... My name is Heather Sewell and my husband, Scott, is at CH-BOLC with your husband. He actually gave him a ride to and from post last week when I was at Fort Jackson. I will be going back to Fort Jackson for the week of July 4 (driving 10 hours instead of flying this time!) Just want to thank you for the encouragement on your page. So amazing to meet other wives going through the same things. I'm not personally a blogger, but I certainly am becoming addicted to reading them. I'd love to hear from you. I will be praying for your family, please do the same for me!
The same day she sent this comment I was talking to Kevin on the phone and he was talking about Scott and telling me that he had met her and she had seen my blog. When I got home I was thrilled to see the comment...especially when I realized we would be there at the same time and get to meet. God has really encouraged me this week through the friendships I've formed with other soldier's wives. He's probably blessed me more by hearing Kevin talk about the new friends he has and the great men that they are. That has been one of my prayers.
I think I will be meeting some of the other men's wives next week as well, and I'm really looking forward to it. I feel as though I already know the men since I hear them in the background when he is on the phone sometimes, or see their faces in the pictures he sends over the internet while he's telling me something about them or what they are doing. I count it as a blessing in both our lives...

No comments: