Friday, June 22, 2007

Chaplain wives...

So, here's the list of those I know are going to be at Fort Jackson next weekend (around June 29 - July 1) that I've met through my blog.

First names:

Me! (Chaplain Kevin's wife)
Heather (Chaplain Scott's wife)
Andrea (Chaplain Ken's wife)

Anyone else want to add your name to the list?? There are a few more in my husband's platoon, I think, but I don't know their names yet.

We will miss you Rachel! (Chaplain Chris's wife)...and you, too, Amy! (Amy is in the Chaplain Candidate program and her husband is away fighting the war! She will make a great chaplain one day!!) I know you miss it there at Fort Jackson...

Looking forward to meeting you all,
Laura

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Excited for you all to meet each other.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait! One more week! -Heather

Laura said...

Heather -

I can't wait either!!! I've been on the phone with Kevin off and on all morning. We are looking for a place to stay on the beach for the weekend!! Romance is in the air...I feel like a giddy school girl! (And since we were high school sweethearts that is really true!) Even after 20+ years we're still loving every minute of this wonderful marriage. And, then you have absence which makes the heart grow fonder...

Are you staying through the 4th of July since they have that day off?? I hope so! :) We'll have lots of time to get to know each while they are in training if you are! Otherwise, I need to figure out when we can all meet!

Take care, my friend!
Laura

Laura said...

Amy -

I am praying for you and your husband right now. Praying for peace where he is and that God would send more Chaplains. Praying for a hedge of protection around all our troops.

Take care, my friend!
Laura

Anonymous said...

I wish I was going, too, but I'm so glad that you guys are going to meet each other. I hope you enjoy your romantic weekend. :)

~~Rachel
www.nothinggold.net

Laura said...

Rachel -

I wish you were, too!!! I know we will get to meet one day soon though. I'm trusting in that!

It was a lot of fun chatting with you and Amy last night (or, really, this morning!)

Take care, my friend!
Laura

Anonymous said...

When you wrote this post I thought the idea of me being at Jackson was completely ridiculous...

See you there!

Laura said...

hey, hey, the gangs all comin'!!! Can't wait to meet you all...

Even Amy's coming!!!