Saturday, June 30, 2007

Walking through Charleston, SC

It's a beautiful walk. To our left was the ocean. We just walked for hours, enjoying each other's company...as well as the interesting history in this town.I loved all the flowers everywhere.
We walked through the graveyard of this old church. It was strange to see grave stones from the 1800's.
This was the church General Robert E. Lee went to when he was in Charleston (above). Kevin has always loved learning about him.
We thought this was neat to read on the door of this church.
****************************
As I sit here and reflect on the day, I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful day. I feel so blessed to be here with Kevin. I don't take it for granted that the Lord gave us this time together. Thank you, Lord, for blessing me with this opportunity.
I thank my family back home for watching our twins and for loving on them. They love to be with their cousins, and I know they are having a great time...and that makes it easier on me to be away. Thank you, kids, for letting me come without you since we couldn't afford the additional plane tickets. We love you and miss you! Taking lots of pictures for you...
Thank you, Kevin, for making this weekend very special. I loved every minute with you! You're an amazing man!

No comments: