Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

Today we are going to the lake with all the chaplains in training and their families (those that came to visit). We are really looking forward to it. I'll finally get to meet Amy, Rachel, and Andrea whom I've been talking to online for a month now. Heather and I have already met and it's been great. We've gotten some of the other women excited about blogging when they return home. It's amazing how much it helps you to read what others are going through and communicate with them. I know as our spouses deploy in time it will be very comforting to talk with those who are experiencing/have experienced it. Amy is already experiencing it since her husband is overseas, and we've all already learned a lot from her. She's also a chaplain candidate so she's gaining insight from us and other chaplain's wives as she already has a group she meets with at home. I think that will make her an awesome chaplain! She'll be able to minister to soldiers and know what it feels like for the family at home as well. Well, I better get off here and get ready to meet everyone! I'm so excited about today!!

No comments: