Saturday, July 14, 2007

Here, safe and sound

...and happy to be all together again.

The trip went really well. In fact, the last three hours were my favorite! We all talked about so many things...from silly things that made us laugh to more serious things like what they want their lives to be like when they are older, goals and dreams, and just so many other interesting things. I can't thank the Lord enough for my children and who he has created them to be. They are beautiful...inside and out!

Funny moments in the car:
About 8:00 p.m. we went through the drive-thru at Arby's. Immediately, Darby was complaining about his sandwich because I didn't get it with cheese. A few minutes later, while I was driving along and they were eating, I made the comment, "This is such a pretty drive!" To which Darby replied, "I know, that's why I said it needed cheese!" I replied with "huh?" and he said, "you know...cheese...it's liquidy!" He thought I said, "This sandwich is pretty dry."

Same food, different story...
Dillon found a hair in his roast beef sandwich. He not only found it, but began to describe it and we all got sick and threw ours away. Karl paid for it so it wasn't easy for him to just chunk it. As he threw it away though, he said, "Great...glad we just wasted my money!"

I didn't think this was funny, but the kids did...
About two hours into the drive, I was sound asleep when Karl slammed on the brakes and screamed at the top of his lungs. My son...

Sweetest moment of the trip...
When we arrived around 12:30 a.m. and Kevin opened the hotel door and the kids ran to him, saying, "daddy!!" and hugging him.

We are blessed to be here! Thank you, Lord, for bringing us back together as a family and for getting us here safely. Thank you for a beautiful day!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

HAHA that was one of the best family vacations we've ever had haha. Let's do it again!