Monday, July 9, 2007

Sad Day

I'm here at the airport, waiting to board my flight back home, and they have free high-speed Internet. I just have to say I can't wait to see my kids, but I sure wish I was just picking them up and bringing them back to live with my husband. It is tough to leave him. It's tough to leave the new friends I've made and what seems like home to me. I no longer feel awkward when I go on post. In fact, I love it!!

Yesterday we went to three different chapel services. Each one very different. My favorite was the Warrior Chapel, where we worshipped with hundreds of other soldiers...most of whom just arrived for basic training. It was an overwhelming feeling to look across the room. I thought a lot about our son and him leaving for basic in just a few short months (if not sooner). I am so glad they allow them that time of worship.

Well, we are boarding this little plane...which I hate (not just getting on the little plane, but especially, the leaving!).

1 comment:

Paulette said...

I am sorry you are sad, but you have great memories of a life to come and it won't be long now until you are well on your way.
I cannot wait for that to become a reality for you and the boys.
It will be here before you know it.