Friday, July 6, 2007

My military blogger/online friends...meeting face to face!

These are people that I know God placed in my life for a specific reason. They have ministered to me in so many ways over the last month. God never ceases to amaze me in how he puts people in our lives at just the right moment. This is not an easy process - to think about your spouse serving in the military - especially during a war, knowing they will be deployed at sometime in their career - probably numerous times, moving far from family and friends and all you know, and so on...BUT God puts people in our lives for reasons just as this. These women have ministered to my heart; they've become friends.
It was a lot of fun just sitting around talking about everything. Heather (to the far right) I've already talked about in the "We finally meet" post, but I have to say it again, "She's great!" I love spending time with her and her family. We're already trying to figure out reunions...
Amy (to your right) is a chaplain candidate and she has an awesome blog. Many people at the picnic knew her because of it! Her husband is currently serving in Afghanistan and they have two small children. She has a heart of gold and great passion for the Lord. Rachel (on your left) is married to a chaplain who's here training with Kevin and has three small children. She, too, has a heart of gold and is such a sweet, sweet person. Her children were with her when we met and they are adorable. Amy flew to Rachel's (having never met her face to face), and they drove here. Yes, people would say that's crazy, but I say it's God working. We had a great time together!
Chaplain Ken and Andrea (above) I also met through reading Chaplain Ken's blog and Andrea commenting on my blog. They are super nice people with three beautiful children...one of which eats worms! ha ha! She is so adorable. (Reminds me of myself when I was younger and how I wanted to just hang out with the boys.) Chaplain Ken preached a great 5 minute sermon at the picnic. I didn't know whether to say Amen or HOOAH (army talk) though. I can't believe how much they can pack in a 5 minute sermon (chaplains have to be able to do that!), but I didn't feel like I missed a thing!

No comments: