Friday, July 20, 2007

TGIF

I truly do thank God it's Friday!!! I am so looking forward to relaxing this weekend. I need it! It's been a very busy week and a lot going on so I'm hoping to just kick back and relax. I finished Redeeming Love Thursday night and bought another Francine Rivers book, The Scarlet Thread. I hope it's as good as the last one! I hope to get lost in the story and forget about the tough week...

Every single day our house is being shown. I pray very soon someone will make an offer. I pray continually it will sell before we leave in just over 6 weeks. It feels weird to say that - that we will be leaving in 6 weeks! I can't believe it. The third week in August I'll leave the company I've been with for 3 1/2 years. It's been the best job I've ever had by far and I'm leaving some great friends, but I feel my heart being pulled more and more every day to the new things that God has in store. I miss my husband SO MUCH that sometimes I just want to pack up and go. I know I can't...but I sure want to!

I don't get to see all my friends from our church very often anymore and I really miss them. I had hoped we would have more time together. They are very sweet, precious people to me that I love very much and it's been very hard to not have a church home. God gave us seven wonderful years together so I just praise Him for that and continue to trust Him in all things.

Well, I think it'll do me good to stop thinking and just sit back and read a while.

1 comment:

Bttrfly1976 said...

Isn't Francine Rivers amazing!! Redeeming Love is my all time favorite book and every single time I read it I end up crying my eyes out. If you haven't yet, The Sineater, The Atonement Child and her Mark of the Lion series are all wonderful reads. And I agree, you just get lost in her stories.

On a more personal note, I know this time must be strange and difficult and even lonely for you. I can't imagine what you're going through. You're in my prayers, Laura.