Sunday, August 19, 2007

5 more days...

I am definitely counting down the days when I can be with my husband again! It's hard for both of us to believe he's been away for three months. We're also praising God for the times we got to see each other when we didn't really expect to be able to that much.

I'm still visiting my parents and will leave my boys here for my return on Wednesday. I have three days left at work and then we're off. I probably should have made my last day Friday, but we just couldn't really afford to do that. I'm hoping I'm not on a roller coaster ride of emotions those three days (at least at work).

Today my sister in law and I tried a new church and the music was awesome! It felt so good to just worship the Lord. Nothing else mattered to me this morning. I just wanted to worship the Lord. The sermon was about touching Jesus. So many times we are looking to be touched by God, but we were reminded that the Lord delights in us touching him. The scripture reference was Luke 7:36-50.


Now one of the Pharisees invited Jesus to have dinner with him, so he went to the Pharisee's house and reclined at the table. When a woman who had lived a sinful life in that town learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee's house, she brought an alabaster jar of perfume, and as she stood behind him at his feet weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears. Then she wiped them with her hair, kissed them and poured perfume on them.
When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, “If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is–that she is a sinner.”
Jesus answered him, “Simon, I have something to tell you.”“Tell me, teacher,” he said. “Two men owed money to a certain moneylender. One owed him five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. Neither of them had the money to pay him back, so he canceled the debts of both. Now which of them will love him more?”
Simon replied, “I suppose the one who had the bigger debt canceled.”“You have judged correctly,” Jesus said.
Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven–for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little.”
Then Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”
The other guests began to say among themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?”
Jesus said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”


It's a great reminder!
-------------------------
I didn't publish this earlier today. I just arrived home since my daughter and I decided to stay later and spend more time with the twins and my parents. The twins didn't want us to leave. They tried to talk me into not going back to work. I must admit, it was tempting. I want more time with my daughter!!! We talked all the way home, eventually crying about what is about to take place. It's so hard on us to know we're going to be separated by many, many miles soon; plus she'll be separated from her dad, twin brothers and, in just a few months, her older brother. I'm so glad we stayed longer and got the opportunity to talk for so long. It was a beautiful day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura, I enjoy so much reading your blog. You encourage and challenge me. I have been praying for you and Kevin as you begin this new adventure with God. I read Deut. 31:8 this morning and wanted to share it with you. God always goes before his children, as He did with the children of Israel. He is prepared to meet your every need b/c He has gone before you and knows exactly what you will need. Love & Blessings, Kathy Williams