Friday, August 3, 2007

WAIT

Lately, the Lord has had me right here:

Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalms 27:14

But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. Psalms 130:5

I've never waited so long before for something from the Lord, but over the last few months God has really been teaching me to wait for His perfect timing. I've been begging and pleading with Him to bless us with the selling of our house, but it just hasn't happened yet. I always thought it would sell very quickly. Everything else fell into place when we made the choice to surrender to His will for our lives, why not this? I don't have that answer, and it is tough to come to grips with the fact that there is absolutely nothing I can physically do to make this house sell now, but I do know He's teaching me to trust Him with everything.

Don't get me wrong, I've done all the work to prepare the house to sell. It has been cleaned from top to bottom, painted, organized; the landscaping up to par, fresh flowers out, candles burning and the smell of cookies in the air...I think I've tried everything humanly possible, except run out in the street flagging down people with a huge sign that says, "Buy my house!"

He takes care of His children. I believe that with all my heart. Maybe not in the way we expect it at all. In fact, it may just be that He wants us to learn something about Him and His sovereignty or about ourselves. Much like the way we are with our children sometimes. I'm not at all saying God is trying to discipline me either. He just may want my faith to grow! There's more to life than just getting our way. We must trust the one who sees so much more than we do. That's not always easy, but it is beneficial for both - we grow/He is glorified!

I'm beginning to wonder if there is something in the future that, because I am going through this, God is preparing me for. I know that to wait doesn't come easy for anyone. There's so many other things to think that God could be preparing me for, which make waiting for this house (material possession) to sell seem so unimportant. I'll take a house not selling over waiting on my husband to return from war or waiting to see my older children because we are thousands of miles apart any day!!

I have friends who are going through much more difficult circumstances than I am. Mine pale in comparison. To those of you who are waiting on the Lord - trust Him, hold tight to His truth, find peace in your Creator and allow Him to be your Strength. I'm praying for you!

No comments: