Wednesday, November 7, 2007

My husband praying with his Soldiers...

Around here there are constant reminders that we are at war. I hear gunfire every day and know many Soldiers are working long, hard hours to prepare for whatever lies ahead. I see helicopters and planes flying overhead while out, and men and women in uniform everywhere. I go to the post office and see wives sending packages to their husbands away at war, while trying to keep their hands on two or three children at the same time, and sense their pain. The twins tell me of boys and girls at school who are sad because their mom or dad is away at war right now, or excited because they're coming home soon. I see "Welcome Home" banners on front porches and fences. Outside the gates of the post there are veterans who stand with flags and cheer or yell out "thank you" as we exit or enter the post on Saturdays. It always brings tears to my eyes and a smile to my face. There's a particular banner just outside the gate that I love..."We are the home of the free because YOU are the brave!" The reminders are everywhere! Please pray for our Soldiers and their families.

2 comments:

Paulette said...

Hey Girl,
I am praying for our soldiers faithfully and also that the war ends which I believe will be soon. I can't wait for that to happen. In the meantime I am so thankful that Kevin is with our soldiers, he is a great one to have and they are Blessed!!

Anonymous said...

Great post, Laura. I pasted it on a Prayer Request Log as a "Pray for country and soldiers". Love, Mom