Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Is it really already 2008?

Sitting on the plane, listening to music on my ipod, my mind went wild with all that has taken place in our lives in 2007. I looked over at my husband and reminded him it was this time last year that we were awaiting word from the Army and then began to list reasons why our lives are so different now. The words "but I love it!" coming from his mouth made me smile. It hasn't been easy, and I know there are days he has felt completely overwhelmed, so to hear that brought excitement for the coming year.

Just before getting on the plane we received a call from our son. With excitement in his voice, he said, "Hi mom!" and began to tell me how excited he was about beginning his PJ training. I knew the afternoon before was difficult as we all had to leave so to hear the happiness in his voice made me feel much better about leaving. I think the Lord knew I needed that call to be able to truly leave Texas. Up until that point I was fighting tears the entire day and felt pretty much like I did the day we left him to move here.

It's good to be home! I woke up feeling good and I'm excited about the new year...even though I can't believe it is really 2008! We have 16 suitcases to unload today, but that's OK. We have so many because our daughter returned with us so I look forward to helping her set up her things and getting to spend more time with her again.

God has been good, ALWAYS, and I thank him for the opportunity we had to go to Texas for a while and spend time with family and spend 4 days with our son and watch him graduate from Basic Training, and that we are home again safe and sound. I have much more to journal but little time to do so right now. One of the twins has opened all 16 suitcases searching for one of his Christmas present, forcing me to get things put away...

Happy New Year!!!

No comments: