Thursday, February 7, 2008

Update on our Airman

Our son got his new job assignment in the Air Force! He will be an Avionics Systems Apprentice. He will perform maintenance on the F-15/A-10, and U-2 aircraft. He's leaving San Antonio and headed to his new training base on Monday. A huge thank you to everyone who has been praying for his healing and for his new job. He's very excited and looking forward to getting to his training base.

I was talking to him this evening and it made me miss him all the more. I wish we were there to send him off to his new training. It always makes me feel good to hear his voice, especially when I hear the happiness and excitement in it, but it also makes me wish we were there to chat about it face to face. I miss seeing his face! As time goes by I realize more and more that my little boy is not really so little anymore. His pictures sit in our living room and bedroom, visible to me every day, reminding me that he's a man now and serving our country. I couldn't be more proud of him and I wish him all the best as he moves forward in his new career.

No comments: