Friday, March 28, 2008

Duty Day with God

Today my husband took 13 of his Soldiers out on a "field trip" to spend time together and draw closer to God. He came home cold, wet and exhausted, but happy that he had the opportunity to minister to them in this way.

They went kayaking. Some people might think that's a pretty cool thing to do for a "field trip"...but imagine going kayaking when it is SNOWING!!! Only tough guys have fun kayaking in the freezing cold weather. At least that's the way I feel about it.
My husband said they had only been in the water a few minutes when one of the guys flipped his kayak over and had the opportunity to try out his wetsuit! (...he said it was warmer in the water.) I'm just glad they were given wetsuits.

My husband said it was a good day, and everyone enjoyed themselves despite the weather. He got home about 6:00 p.m., took a hot shower, ate dinner and was fast asleep by 7:30. He also started his morning running 5 miles so that could be another reason for the early bedtime. What a day! (This was one of those times I didn't feel like I missed out on anything...ha ha)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Praying for your family this morning (especially your husband)! Have a wonderful Sunday! :)