Thursday, March 27, 2008

Prayer Group up and running!

I just added a prayer group link to the top right side of my blog. If you read Calling all Prayer Warriors and are interested in joining me, please check it out and let me know. You'll need to join, but it's free and only takes a few seconds to set it up. I've created the community, "Military Wives Prayer Group" on People2Pray.com. Once you've logged on, you can search for the community by clicking on "find community" at the top of the page. It's a simple tool that will allow us to connect and pray for one another on a daily basis. There are many functionalities within it so I think it will be perfect for this. I would appreciate your feedback though. Should you have any difficulty, questions and/or comments, please let me know as soon as possible.

The title does NOT mean that only military wives can join. It only means the majority of us will have something in common that will allow for a first-hand understanding of what it is we go through. I have several women I'm praying with about their husband's joining the chaplaincy and are interested in this ministry. At this point, it is an open community, meaning anyone who joins the community can see prayer requests and/or comment. It also allows for anonymous prayer requests, but it may be that we establish the group interested in joining and then make it private, only allowing those in the group to view our site (with the ability to invite others should there be more interest) to allow for more openness and confidentiality.

As I get more familiar with the site, I'll add updates to this post. Looking forward to praying with those of you who would like to join! If you're currently familiar with this site, feel free to leave comments that will help make this site all it can be for our community. (Thank you, Amy, for telling me about this site!)

7 comments:

LAURIE said...

Laura,
I registered. I know I am not a military wife, but I am a AIR FORCE Mom like you. I have been praying that God would lead me to some other military Moms that I could pray for and they in turn pray for me. I think this will be a great prayer support group. thanks.

Laura said...

Laurie - AWESOME!!! So glad you did. I was hoping you would!!

MaryLu said...

Laura,
I just signed up. What a great tool for prayer. I'm excited about this new opportunity to pray for our military husbands, sons, daughters and families.
Thanks for getting it up and going so quickly.

Laura said...

Mary - I'm excited to hear your signed in now. It's going to be a great!

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Thanks for setting this up.

Notice that at the right of each prayer request is a button you can click to show you prayed. :)

Laura said...

Amy - thanks! Yes, I love that it has that button! I was also excited to see a prayer request from someone I didn't know. We'll be able to reach out to other people who we might not have otherwise.

LAURIE said...

laura
I left a prayer need there for my son. So did I do it right? and for some reason it didn't show my name but the word MINE. It will take me some time to work around this and figure it out. Let me know if I registered correctly. This is going to be an awesome tool. You are so awesome!