Friday, April 18, 2008

Friendship...it's a beautiful thing!

Today I was blessed to spend the day with my very good friend, Sheryll. Her friendship, I'm certain, is a gift from God. I told the story of how we met in this post back in January but, now that I've gotten to know her well, I can truly say she is a huge blessing in my life. She has been such an encouragement to me and, with all the things we have in common, we can easily sit and talk for hours.

Today we got together for breakfast and to make a diaper cake...
My kids thought we made a cake that looked like a diaper (ha!) so I was happy when she sent this picture to me so they could see for themselves what I was trying to explain to them. It was a lot of fun! Our favorite part was dressing up the bear on top with booties, a diaper and a pacifier.

What I was experiencing earlier this morning as I wrote this post pales in comparison to what she is going through as her husband (who is also a chaplain) will soon deploy. My heart hurts for her every time I think about it. All that I've learned about her during the last few months tells me her faith in the Lord will get her through this difficult time...and for the days when it's tough, I pray I can minister to her. She's already ministered to me many, many times. In fact, every time we get together I feel ministered to. She has a way of making other people feel special and encouraged...and, her smile is constant and contagious!

Sheryll, thank you for your friendship! You have a heart of gold...

No comments: