Friday, April 18, 2008

God moments...

Last night, my son got on a bus in Mississippi to go to his 2nd training base in Texas. Around 4:00 a.m. he woke up and realized they were in Arlington (our home town). To his amazement, they stopped.

At IHOP...

Now, there's nothing great about IHOP...to him anyway. In fact, he doesn't even really like breakfast foods too much, except cereal...

It just so happened to be the IHOP just minutes from his girlfriend's house! And, it just so happened she had come home from college for the weekend...

This is the message she sent me on Facebook tonight:

"...It was so so so cool to get to see Karl this morning. God is so fun and it's really cool when He reminds me that He created fun and surprise and love and excitement! I hope y'all are well, I know Karl is ready to see each of you."

No, I don't believe for one minute it "just so happened"...I believe it was just what my son needed...and just what his girlfriend needed...and just how great God is! I loved the way she put it in her message to me.

Aren't they so adorable?!!

Lord, thank you for blessing Karl and Hannah today with this surprise! As I think about how special surprises can be, I imagine knowing that YOU, GOD, orchestrated this for them is unfathomable!

1 comment:

LAURIE said...

That is AWESOME!!! -love, Laurie