Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thankful Thursday - Help

I lift my eyes up to the hills -
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1-2




I have these moments in life when I just need to stop and be reminded of God's promises! And, today, when I read that verse above, I thought, "Lord, I am thankful for the help you bring to me, in so many ways!" This life isn't always easy, we have our ups and downs, but to know that we have a God who cares about every detail of our lives is refreshing.

Later in Psalm 121 (verse 8) it says, "The Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." What an awesome reminder to me, on a day when I'm tired and just need His help and strength, that the Lord is always with me, that He is watching over me...every step of the way.

Lord, today, and every day, I'm thankful for YOU, my Helper. You bring strength to my life just by sitting in your presence and reading Your Word. Thank you for your promises! Thank you for being our Helper in times of need. Thank you for caring about every detail of our lives and for watching over us. Amen.

1 comment:

LAURIE said...

great TT post today. I am very thankful for the help that God provides me. -God bless, Laurie