Monday, June 9, 2008

(Another) Home Sweet Home

That's three moves in less than a year! Well, more like 3.5 if you count the move into the hotel when we got here. It required a lot of moving of our personal belongings that we could fit in the truck and car on the drive up here so I definitely count it as some sort of a move! It's nice to be here. We all really like the new house. We had everything unloaded in our new house by 4:30 p.m. I couldn't believe it!

That same night we spent several hours setting up rooms, finally crashing about 11:00 p.m. It felt good to finally rest, and know that we could take it easy and unload as we wanted to, for the most part. All the kids had their rooms completely set up by 10:30 that night. I, on the other hand, had our room set up - sort of, but there's still a lot of decorating to be done. I kind of like the simplicity of nothing on the walls but my curtains.

I'm going to keep this post short and sweet as I'm tired and ready to go to bed, but I wanted to at least get online for a few minutes to tell those who've been praying for us "thank you!" We really appreciate it! My husband has the week off, for the most part anyway, and the twins will be heading to Texas on Thursday, so I probably won't be posting much this week...but I hope to be next week.

3 comments:

Jenn R. said...

Glad to hear you are safe and sound (but tired!) in your new home. Are you taking a picture in front of or inside of each new house you encounter? That would be a neat idea...I'll have to file that one away for later, too. Blessings, Jenn

MaryLu said...

I just read your last two posts, and I both envy you and I'm glad I'm not going through that right now.
I love that line from Steel Magnolias and I am feeling that we have too much stuff, stuffed into each and every corner and closet. I really don't like this feelng.
Moving n th military tends to "weed" some of those things out for you and I guess we've been here too long now for I'm feeling "full."
I hate moving, but it has a way of making natural cleaning out decisions easier.
I pray you are getting settled--quickly and efficiently.

Theresa Walker said...

I am glad you guys are getting settled. How did your check-out go? We'll have to talk. Oh, by the way, NEIL IS HOME!!! Yeah!