Monday, August 4, 2008

There's this man...

....who makes my heart skip a beat!

We were hiking on Saturday, enjoying God's awesome creation and, even with all the beauty around me, I was still drawn to this man who means more to me than anything this world has to offer!

Creation, even as marvelous as it can be, doesn't even compare to the heart of a person. Without him it would not have been as beautiful...not to mention I never would have made it without him pushing me (sometimes literally). It was quite the uphill climb! I'm sure if I had attempted to make this hike on my own, I never would have climbed so high.

Having said that, I think about my life as a Christian. There is One who pushes me to climb higher so that I can experience the beauty of knowing Him more. There are times I'm lazy and don't want to put forth the effort of opening up my bible, praying and drawing close to the Lord, but, just like that mountain top view, oh what I miss when I don't. There is so much I would have missed on Saturday had I not kept moving forward. Sure, it was tough sometimes, and everything in me wanted to stop because I was tired and out of shape, but look what I would have missed out on...

Had I been disciplined to work out even on the days I didn't feel like it, this hike would have been much easier on me. Persevering, even when I didn't feel like it, allowed me to experience so much more. Each time I spend time with the Lord, I am blessed. When I don't take that time, I miss out! It's simple. This reminder came to me as I lay in bed the night after we made this hike.

These pictures were taken about a mile from the top, where we were surrounded by wildflowers. We had a great time together!

Oh...did I mention this man of mine has such a sense of humor?!

4 comments:

Sheryll said...

There you are - I was missing your blog entries - even though I get to visit with you in person. I feel blessed by your encouraging words. Looks like you had a great weekend!

Me said...

I love the parallels you draw between everyday life and our Christian walk. It's one of the things that drove me to seek your advice so long ago. Well, it feels like so long but I guess it hasn't been all that long after all. Keep sharing your heart with all of us, please. Love you!!

MaryLu said...

skimmed this the other day just to see the pictures but didn't really read it till this morning.
I love your encouraging words and the parallels you paint, as Meredith said.
I so enjoyed spending time with y'all the other day.

Lauren said...

Love your blog! Miss talking to you we'll have to catch up real soon.