Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Update on our Airman

Our son is currently making his way to his first duty station. He has officially finished his training and is on his way to South Carolina as I type. I wish we were with him to make this transition, as I'm sure his girlfriend does, too, but it's all in the Lord's plan and he's in His hands so we're just praying for him to make it there safely and with joy for whatever the future holds.

It's weird for me as his mom to think about him finally being completely out on his own and starting his career. I didn't really think about it until I got off the phone with him just a little while ago. I write this trying to fight back the tears as I think of the wonderful man he has become; and I thank God for blessing us with such a fine son. We wish him the best at his new base and know the Lord has great things in store for him.

Please keep him in your prayers as he travels for the next few days and then does his in-processing (which is never fun for anyone!).

No comments: