Sunday, February 22, 2009

Times of Ministry While Training

When I received these pictures via email yesterday, and saw the smile on his face, I felt such peace about us being apart. I'm not saying it's easy and I like it or anything; I'm just saying I love that he is there for the soldiers and ministering to them. God put him in this ministry for a reason, and I'm learning more and more to lean on God and trust that what we are doing is for His kingdom and His glory. He's the one smiling! (haha) In the picture below they are taking supplies to some of the soldiers and going to visit them.Yes, that means he got to ride in a Blackhawk Helicopter! I figured out those are his goggles on his head, covered to keep all the dust off of them I guess. It kind of looks like a [brown] smurf hat.Here he's having a service for his soldiers right where they are. I love seeing pictures like this!!
Here he's taking a little break or something with his assistant. For those who don't know, chaplains don't carry a gun...so, yes, I do a lot of praying for his assistant with the upcoming deployment! Actually, there's someone much bigger who has his back - God!!That's my man! (Even though I didn't recognize him when he first sent the picture...It was his hand with the wedding band that I recognized first.)
I sure love him and miss him!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura,
I found your blog while looking for support for women with loved ones who are deployed. I came across yours because my boyfriend is currently serving as a chaplain's assistant in Afghanistan. I keep up with your blog often and pray for your family whenever i read it. The strength that you havein God has been an encouragement to me. Some of your posts speak near to my heart and I just want to thank you for that. God has given us a gift through technology that we can share our struggles with each other. Stay Strong in the Lord Laura and I will continue to pray for you and your family.

The Parson's Wife said...

Thankful that you were able to get these awesome pictures via email... God certainly uses technology to comfort us at times. I continue to look forward to your daily life blog, and am thankful for your help via private messages too! Thankful the young men have a faithful servant in your husband.

Lauren said...

Hubby and I loved the pictures - thanks for sharing! Praying for you tonight.

Laura said...

Andrea,
Thanks for leaving a comment. I will be praying for you as well. Feel free to leave a comment with your email (I won't post it) and we can stay in closer contact, if you want to. Thanks for the words of encouragement, and for your prayers!
Laura