Monday, May 4, 2009

What If...

This evening I picked up my book - Following God with All Your Heart, by Elizabeth George - and just had to giggle at God. If you haven't read my post from yesterday, you might want to read this first so the rest makes sense.

In this particular chapter of the book, speaking mainly about obedience, Elizabeth ended it with:

Imagine what the world would be like if...

Noah said, "I don't do boats."
David said, "I don't do Goliaths."
Mary said. "I don't do virgin births."
John the Baptist said, "I don't do baptisms."
Paul said, "I don't do letters."
Jesus said, "I don't do crosses!"

And what if Joshua said, "I don't cross Jordans."

I can't tell you how many times I've picked up this book to find that God just continues to speak on the same subject I was reflecting on, or read in my bible or talked to Him about. It's as if He rearranges the pages to continue the conversation.

I thought this little phrase at the beginning of the next chapter was pretty amazing too...very fitting for what we are experiencing.

If it is God's plan that we should march through a river,
or attack a walled town, or turn to fight an army,
we have simply to go forward.
He will make the mountains go away.
Rivers will dry up; walls will fall down;
armies shall be scattered.
F.B Meyer

1 comment:

The Parson's Wife said...

Isn't HE an incredible GOD! ALL and everything is possible! Thanks for the encouragement this morning, and so glad to see you blogging!