Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day 2011

My mind has been on my widow friends a lot lately, especially this weekend. I hope everyone is remembering our fallen heroes and honoring them for their ultimate sacrifice. Our church did a beautiful job of honoring them, and it made me cry the whole way through this video they showed. It was a girl writing letters to her dad, who had been killed at war, and it was from childhood through her wedding day. My husband and I said it was like watching a video of Evelyn, our friends Sarah and Andrew McConnell's daughter. Andrew was my husband's Soldier that was killed while they were in Afghanistan, and their baby was born just months after he was killed. We also have several other friends who lost their lives in Afghanistan, and whose spouses, children, parents, siblings are without them today, and our thoughts and prayers are with those families during this difficult "holiday"...

I wish you all a wonderful Memorial Day, and ask that you stop to give thanks for those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for the freedom you have, and pray for their families today. Also, remember those still in harm's way. May we never forget!!

No comments: