Sunday, July 24, 2011

Back to Work

Last week I started my new job in our new location. After being off over seven months - because it took nearly 4 months to even land a job - it was weird to be back in the office setting again. It was a tiring week, but I enjoyed getting to know new people. In the midst of it all, I've found it to be something I know was the Lord's doing, will and plan.

If you know me at all, you know I'm a people person, and I'm probably more concerned about working with good, honest, hard-working people more than anything else. I had a busy, busy week but at the end of the week I could honestly say I am going to enjoy this job and the people I work with. That's a blessing!

I do have to say though, it was not an easy thing preparing myself to go back to work after being off so long...I even cried a little. I have an elderly neighbor I make meals for and take places, and it was tough knowing I wouldn't be able to spend as much time doing so...I also like the freedom to spend time with my husband when he's home or going to battalion functions or chaplain functions...so many things to try to work around. But, God is good and I know He will give me strength to do whatever I need to do, and help me through the emotions and struggles that come sometimes with knowing I can't be a part of all the things I was before. And, in the meantime, when there's nothing else I have to be doing but working at my paying job, I'll be praying for all the no-paying jobs I have going on. :)

I can't say I'll probably not be writing as much since I was barely writing before...but we'll see. While I'm thinking about it, please be praying for my son as he nears his year long, unaccompanied tour to Korea this fall. Next month he'll celebrate his one year wedding anniversary, and then just a few months later he'll leave and have to spend a year away from his wife. We're sure not looking forward to going that long without seeing him either...

Well, it's getting close to a new work week...and then it's two weeks vacation with my sweet husband and the twins! :) I thank the Lord my company was willing to give me that time off before I even started...without pay, of course...and what a HUGE blessing since my husband spent most of this summer in the field!

No comments: