Sunday, October 28, 2007

I haven't talked too much about my husband the last two weeks because he was away for Emergency Medical Ministry training. It wasn't an easy training, but I'm certain he learned a lot from it. He got back Saturday morning and we're all thrilled to have him home. It's never easy when your spouse is away...especially when they're in Hawaii without you!! :) I SO wanted to be there with him...as did the twins! Here's a few of the pictures he took for us. One of the afternoons he was going to try surfing, but the waves were quite wild. I'm glad he didn't! The afternoon before he left there he went snorkeling though. I'll have to post pictures of that later since we haven't developed the film from the underwater camera.

Yesterday we took all our boys to the ocean and walked along the beach. There wasn't a whole lot to do there since it's fall, but we found several sand dollars and watched people fishing (or whatever you would call it) for clams. They stick pipes in the dirt and try to pull them out. We're thinking we'll have to try that one of these days...although none of us like clams so we'll have to give them away or something. Today we went to church off post where the twins and I went while my husband was away. Next week we'll start going to another chapel on post where my husband has been assigned and then we'll go there for their second service. This afternoon we were talking about how nice it was to be there this morning. The tears and sadness were not anywhere to be found today! It was wonderful to worship with our son one last time as well. He talked about it being different going to church with us and his dad not preaching. This afternoon it was beautiful outside so we fished at the lake on post.We really miss our daughter not being here with us. She called today and said, "This is the longest we've ever been apart, mom." We're looking forward to her coming for Thanksgiving...only one more month!!! It's strange to think how different our lives are now and that there will be times her and her brother visit separately. Before our son arrived, I thought it would feel like it did when he would come home for the weekend from college, but it feels nothing like that. He's my son, but he's also a man now...about to start his very own life apart from us...and that's just strange! We won't see him as often anymore and that's hard to accept. I'm pretty sure I will sob all the way home from the airport on Thursday!

Thank you to everyone who prayed for my husband over the last two weeks. He really appreciated it!!

No comments: