Thursday, October 4, 2007

It's been a long time since...

  • I've cooked full meals for my family - not opening up a package and having one dish.
  • Baked cookies with my kids. The twins and I have had so much fun making cookies in the afternoon the last two days.
  • I've made my bed every morning!
  • I've kept my house clean - every room and bathroom.
  • I've been able to get little things done - those "not so important" things that we save for when we think we'll have time.
  • I've had the time/energy to work-out at the gym - and it not cost me a small fortune!!!
  • I've had the energy to spend quality time with my family in the evening.
  • I've sat down and done nothing for an hour or two and not felt bad about it.
  • I've been able to pamper my husband every day. I told him last night I love getting the chance to do this right now. He needs it. I need it.
  • I've been a stay-at-home wife/mom - and I absolutely LOVE it!

There are seasons in life and this one has me home, taking care of my family. I don't know how long it will last as we might need me to go back to work if our house doesn't sell soon, but for now I'm grateful. It's always difficult to work full-time and then come home to have to cook and clean and do laundry and spend time with your family. I feel for every mom and dad out there doing that right now. I know it's also tough to be a stay-at-home wife/mom, too. Been there and done that before as well. But, it's nice when you've wrestled with those feelings of possibly letting your family down in some way, because life is just too busy and you have to work, to get to let go of that and just enjoy the moment - however long it may be.

Don't get me wrong, I had an awesome job, working for and with some great people (and knew God had me there for a reason), but, as a wife and mother of four, I sometimes got so aggravated at myself about the way I didn't feel like doing much other than going to get something to eat, because I definitely didn't want to cook, and going to bed, when I walked through the door in the evenings, exhausted from a long day at work.

So, for now, I'm just enjoying the things I haven't done in a long time!

No comments: