Tuesday, October 9, 2007

There's a particular email I get every once in a while that means a lot to me as a mom. It's always titled "update" and always makes my day! My son's girlfriend sends them to me and with that I thought I'd post something about her...

Our son hasn't ever really been big on dating or having a girlfriend, patiently waiting for the right person to come along, but a few weeks before we left he finally let me in on his secret...he had a girlfriend. It wasn't something he wanted to tell me about because, suspecting he was liking someone, I had been telling him to not get in a relationship right before he left for training or it would make it more difficult for him. I'll admit - although it might be more difficult, I'm extremely happy for him. She's a wonderful, Christian girl who cares a lot about other people. It's evident in so many ways, and I feel blessed to have her in my son's life. It's interesting to me how God works. I know a lot of thought and long talks went in to making this decision to date before he left, but I see how God has blessed him in it all. He now has another family who loves him and invites him for dinner and to do things with them, which makes me happy because I hated leaving him when we left. He also has someone who encourages him and prays for him and wants for him whatever God wills for his life. It means a lot to me that she takes the time to write me and encourage me and fill me in on their time together. I thank God for blessing our son with such a precious girlfriend!
I know this doesn't have a whole lot to do with being a military wife, but it has a lot to do with being a mom. Not a day goes by that I don't think about my kids back home and I'm happy for him.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wow! That post makes me so happy! Isn't it amazing that God loves our kids even more than we do? He definitely provides! :)