Friday, January 4, 2008

Life

It's already the end of the work week and I feel like it just began. The week has been good. It started out tough with a drive home from San Antonio (because we were leaving our son behind) and a long plane ride home after having it delayed twice. Once we arrived home to beautiful countryside and my own bed (I never sleep good anywhere else) I felt much better. Unpacking 16 suitcases, taking down Christmas decorations, getting back into my workout routine, and getting the house back in order took over the rest of the week.

When we arrived home we walked into a clean home that smelled of fresh pine from the Christmas tree, and turned the clean home into a small disaster. I should have taken a picture of all the luggage. It took over our entire dining room, slowly making its way into the living room and bedrooms, and was quite comical to say the least. I still have just a few outfits to put away, but I plan to have the house neat and tidy again for the weekend! Yeah! The weekend. Though I can hardly believe it is here, I'm looking forward to it!

Up until this morning, it has been raining since the morning after we arrived back home. I was thankful as we landed on the runway that it wasn't raining as I knew we would soon fill the back of our truck to the brim with luggage. This morning brought sunshine and warm air and, once I realized it might not last much longer, my daughter and I headed out for a walk. It was beautiful...the sun shining, the warm air, God's beautiful creation and, most of all, my daughter walking alongside me. We talked of the smells and sounds and scenery all around us, of life and how it is what we make it.

When we found out where we were moving so many people had only negative things to say about this state. Mostly people who had never even been here...but, none the less, it was negative and could have influenced our own thoughts on how we felt about the move. Fortunately, we all looked forward to the adventure of seeing a new place. Going back to Texas for Christmas made me realize how much I love living here! Sure, it rains a lot in the winter, but it makes for some amazing sights to see that cry out the awesome power of God!

May the glory of the LORD endure forever; may the LORD rejoice in His works—He who looks at the earth, and it trembles, who touches the mountains, and they smoke. Psalms 104: 31-32. Even though I've seen this view at least a hundred times by now, I'm still taken back by it!Then the trees of the forest will sing, they will sing for joy before the LORD, for he comes to judge the earth. 1 Chronicles 16:33. The size of this tree amazes me! It makes me think of the song "How Great is our God".Scripture even has something to say about ants...Four things on earth are small, yet they are extremely wise: Ants are creatures of little strength, yet they store up their food in the summer. Proverbs 30:24-25. We can learn something about life from even the smallest of creatures.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

My house was all nice and tidy...and then DH started taking down the tree yesterday while I was at church and I don't know how he did it but the living room looks like it was over run by a day care center...LOL. Men...they are too much sometimes :-) So guess what I will be doing after my 6 loads of laundry that need to be done?
16 suitcases??? One word...WOW! lol.

Happy New Year! May God pour out His blessings to you and your family in '08!

Dawn

Dave said...

Thanks for the comment Laura. I've been reading your blog since you and my wife started talking. Things are going really well for all of us.

MaryLu said...

I just stopped by after finding you on Gentle Whisper. I'd love to get connected with other Ch Wives, mine is currently a CH Candidate at CHBOLC.
I'm adding you to my list.
Have a blessed day.