Monday, February 11, 2008

Time in the Field with the Soldiers

Yesterday my husband spent a good part of his day in the field. He was able to lead two services with several in attendance at both. He said they went really well. His assistant can play the guitar really well so he lead worship and my husband preached. He preached about Gideon and the man God uses...God didn't want the cowards, he didn't want the careless, he wanted the committed! (You can read all about it in Judges 6-8.)

About 11:30, when our church service was over, the kids and I headed to Burger King and met him out there near the entrance into the field to give him all the cheeseburgers. Even though we couldn't follow him into the firing ranges, it was still neat to get to deliver the cheeseburgers to him and his assistant. I loved watching them coming down the road in their Humvee. We loaded a huge cooler into their Humvee, took a few quick pictures (for me...that I'll have to add later, once I get them uploaded) and off they went. We were all wishing we could have hid in the back and gone with them.

The cheesburgers were a big hit. My husband said when he got there he took one out and handed it to the company XO and he said, "Chaplain, I can't eat this in front of my men!" I know it must have been fun to respond with, "That's OK, I have 149 more where that came from!" All in all it was a great day!!

1 comment:

MaryLu said...

What a sweet thing for him to do. I bet he scored brownie points with that selfless act!
Three cheers for the Chappy!!