Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thankful Thursday

We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14b)

Today I am so thankful for new life - new life found in a relationship with Jesus Christ. I wrote about my cousin's girlfriend who gave her life to Jesus yesterday, and today I am still rejoicing. 2 Corinthians 5:17 sums it all up - Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! What a joy to know that we are no longer our "old self" and that we are made new in Christ Jesus. Truly we have seen the glory of God this week and I am so thankful that He meets us right where we are. Even in the midst of lake activities and family reunion fun, God was speaking to our hearts and drawing us to Himself. Every one of us sitting on my parents' back porch were changed in one way or another yesterday. God is so good!

Thank you, Lord, for your love. Thank you for your grace and mercy in our lives. Thank you for the new life you bring to us when we place our faith in you. Today I pray that we would continue to reflect on your goodness as we go about our day, and that nothing would interfere with your plans for us this day. Help us to be a reflection of you in all we say and do! Be with our soldiers. Keep them safe and bring them all home soon. Be with the families that are separated during this time and bring them peace and comfort as well. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

1 comment:

LAURIE said...

I am so grateful for salvation. Thanks for sharing your testimony with us about this new birth in your family. -God bless